Thank you for taking the time to explore the possibilities of becoming an Educator with Nature Alliance Family Day Care Service. The child care industry is highly regulated and there are many requirements that need to be met to ensure that you, your family and your environment meet the standards set by the industry, Government and Nature Alliance Family Day Care Service.
These include the following:-
- Education and Care Services National Law (WA) Act 2012- ‘The Act’,
- Education and Care Services National Regulations, 2012 – ‘Regulations’,
- National Quality Standards for Early Childhood Education and Care and School Age Care (2010),
- Early Years Learning Framework for Australia and Framework for School Aged Care in Australia
The Family Day Care Educator’s role is far more than caring for children and the following criteria may assist in your decision to pursue Family Day Care as a career. Do you have or would be willing to work towards the following:-
- Have or be working towards Certificate III in Children’s Services
- Have an understanding of the above regulations and frameworks
- Have good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Ability to build rapport with all families
- Embrace diversity and abilities that are different
- Set up an environment for children that stimulates their learning
- Ability to document children’s learning using a variety of mediums
- Have excellent organisational skills and be able to multi task
- Be committed to Professional Development
- Ability to run a small business and meet legislative requirements (inc taxation)
- Embrace the philosophy of Nature Alliance
Nature Alliance Family Day Care Service will work with you to build your skills, provide training, support via meetings, regular visits and phone contact.
At Nature Alliance we believe children thrive in a caring environment that is based on natural play spaces, real experiences and are given the opportunity to learn through their play. If this sounds like the environment you have or would like to be involved in, then we would certainly like to hear from you.